VEGANISM – YAY or NAY?
August 21, 2017
Vegansim seems to be gaining a lot of popularity these days and although we understand and admire the reasons some people choose to become vegan, we felt it necessary to address this topic for those consumers that assume a product is healthy just because the word “vegan” is printed on it. Think about it, Oreos and potato chips are vegan…
10 reasons why you might not be losing weight
July 20, 2015
1. You’re Eating Too Many/Too Few Calories Calorie intake is a tricky subject because eating too few calories is just as bad, if not worse than eating too may. It’s very difficult to overeat when you eat whole foods, so that’s why I focus on having people eat more food. It’s entirely possible you are […]
Are low carb diets healthy? Daily Dietitian explains…
June 17, 2015
So, are low carb diets healthy? High-fat low-carb diets are trending on the interwebs but we’re increasingly hearing reports that some of us shouldn’t be buying into it, particularly women (!). Are you one such “type”? Let Daily Dietitian explain. Note: Naturally, Daily Dietitian promotes lower carb than many eating approaches. This is because we […]
Does fruit make you fat?
June 10, 2015
If you’re trying to lose weight, you’re probably worried about ice cream, pizza, and cake… But fruit? Isn’t that one of the BEST things you can eat to shed stubborn kilos? Maybe not. Fruit isn’t a “Free Pass” Fruit is delicious, but it isn’t a “free pass” in your diet. A lot of people treat it that […]
How to bounce back after a food binge?
June 10, 2015
It’s winter, the season to lounge around on the couch in our pjs, eat carb-rich junk food and watch movies. It’s really hard to eat carrot sticks while watching Game Of Thrones, let alone drink gallons of water when it’s cold outside. Hey, it happens to the best of us on weekends. But the real problem is […]
Paleo, Banting, LCHF, Flexitarian, Vegetarian, Vegan, Intermittent Fasting… what diet should I be following?
June 3, 2015
There is SO much information out there on diets. Paleo, Banting, LCHF, Flexitarian, Vegetarian, Vegan, Intermittent Fasting… what diet should I be following? Listen to our interview on two oceans vibe radio to hear our thoughts on these diets, what we believe in and follow ourselves at Daily Dietitian. https://soundcloud.com/the-abstract-aimee-show/laura-hoogland-on-episode-1-of-the-dailydietitian-feature Still confused and need help in losing […]
10 things NOT to do after you have gained weight
April 8, 2015
Gained weight. It happens. And it’s okay. Here’s our weight gain advice. So often we’re bombarded with things we must start to do to lose weight. But what about all the things you’re already doing that may be adding to the problem? As much as we hate to come from a place of “don’ts”, […]
Protein rich, quick, easy breakfasts
April 7, 2015
We all know what it’s like in the morning…a rush to get ready in time. Breakfast is an important part of your nutrition as it kick starts your metabolism for the day and prevents you from reaching for those unhealthy mid-morning snacks or bingeing at lunchtime. As you may know, we now offer a range […]
What we tell our clients about losing weight and becoming healthier
March 31, 2015
Diets backfire because people restrict too much. They allow the number of calories they consume to drop below their resting metabolic rate, or the basic amount of energy or calories needed to run our metabolism for the day. So we’ve decided to share what we tell our clients about losing weight and becoming healthier. Eating less […]
Healthy breakfast ideas
March 20, 2015
1. Chocolate thickshake Serves 1 Ingredients 1 frozen banana ½ avocado 1 serving protein powder 1 cup water 1 cup ice 2 tablespoons cacao powder 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1 tablespoon maple syrup Preparation Blend all ingredients until smooth, thick and creamy. 2. Vanilla Chia Pudding Serves 1 Ingredients 2 tablespoons chia seeds ¼ teaspoon vanilla […]
- Got milk?
- National nutrition week: rethink your drink
- Food for Thought
- Vitamin D – A Natural Anti-Depressant?
- The big FAT debate
- Healthly lifestyle diet- a balanced diet for all of your nutritional needs
- Pro athlete diet - additional protein for athletes and avid gym-goers
- Low carb, high fat diet - reduced carb intake and higher healthy fats
- Just for mum - pre & post natal diet designed to support the needs of an expecting or new mum
- Child's play - convenient, no-fuss, healthy way to feed your child (for ages 6-12)